Rebel News Banner Ad - Black Friday Hero Banner

50,000 Ontario education workers could be fired if vaccines mandated, education minister says

Approximately 15% of Ontario's education workers have either attested to not being vaccinated or have refused to disclose their vaccination status.

50,000 Ontario education workers could be fired if vaccines mandated, education minister says
Remove Ads

According to Ontario's minister of education, upwards of 50,000 education workers in Ontario could be fired if COVID-19 vaccines were mandated for the sector, The Canadian Press reports

Responding to the Ontario NDP party in question period, education minister Stephen Lecce said a mandatory vaccine policy would mean terminating tens of thousands of educators when the province already faces staffing shortages.

"I think we have to be coupled by realism and ensure that any staff member who enters our school has a double test, a negative antigen test, to ensure they are safe, to ensure our schools could be staffed, and these kids can continue to go to school every day," Lecce said.

More than 85% of Ontario's education staff are vaccinated, while the remaining approximately 15% have either attested to not being vaccinated or have refused to disclose their vaccination status.

The approximately 50,000 workers include teachers, educational assistants, early childhood educators, principals, board staff, occasional staff and custodians, who are either unvaccinated or won't disclose their status.

Some school boards, such as the Toronto District School Board, have already enacted their own tougher policies that include threat of termination.

Do you oppose the use of vaccine passports in Canada? Go to FightVaccinePassports.com to sign our petition, share with us your forced vaccination story and donate to help fund our legal battles against vaccine passports across Canada.

Remove Ads
Remove Ads

  • By Ezra Levant

Fight Vaccine Passports

A new civil liberties project — fighting against forced vaccines!

Learn More

Don't Get Censored

Big Tech is censoring us. Sign up so we can always stay in touch.

Remove Ads