We are seeking an employee to help plan, manage, and facilitate Rebel News fan engagement events. Past events have included cruises, trips to Israel, and day-long seminars with interesting speakers. In addition to these responsibilities, the Development Events Manager would be responsible for planning smaller development meetings for supporters throughout the country. Similarly, the position would require donor management including the creation of a donor brochure, facilitating direct mail donation campaigns, and occasional telephone campaigns. As well as the creation of a pre-event budget, keeping records of all expenses for events, and reporting back on if the events were profitable or not in a post mortem after events have been completed.
The ideal candidate would have a strong knowledge of Canadian and American politics, media, and the conservative worldview. This job will require travel across Canada and occasionally the world, and the ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule allowing for travel.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) and a warm, friendly demeanour
- Comfortable with database technology and basic math
- Experience with CRMs (Nation Builder), Eventbrite, and social media marketing are assets
- Solid written communication skills and strong proficiency in MS Office and Adobe applications
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Coordinate day-to-day event management, developing and delivering an event strategy
- Adhere to set event timelines, budgetary parameters and legal, best practice and contractual compliance
- Creation of pre-event budget, record all expenses and create post mortem after each event detailing amongst many things if the events were profitable or not.
- Creation of and facilitation of and post-event survey for event attendees
- Negotiate best deals and obtain value for money from events suppliers while maintaining goodwill and cooperation among suppliers and partners
- Organize and facilitate annual and semi-annual “Rebel News Live” events
- Organize and facilitate fan tourism events (cruises, fact-finding trips, etc)
- Organize and facilitate donor dinners and VIP dinners
- Process financial contributions and receipts and continuously monitor event expenses and revenues
- E-mails and other communications with key donors
- Creation and distribution of holiday cards for donors and subscribers
- Perk fulfilment for high-value subscribers (known as Producers Club) and larger donors
- Proven ability to successfully develop, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward sponsors and major donors
- 2+ years of work in media or politics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with volunteer management is considered a strong asset
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Experience working in a highly political environment is an asset
- Experience working in media and cataloguing digital media is an asset
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly and efficiently
Compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates can expect salaries to be between $45,000 and $65,000 annually.
About Rebel News
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going. The Development Events Manager would be responsible for managing and growing those Rebel News supporters.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.