Federal Complaint

Remove Ads

Some businesses and agencies are federal and fall under the jurisdiction of the Canadian Human Act, for example: banks, post offices, airports, airlines, the RCMP, or a federal government department. If you think that you have been discriminated against by a federal business or agency you may file a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

Here's an example complaint:

I have asthma and use an inhaler, so I can't wear a mask. My doctor wrote a medical exemption note for me. On February 1, 2021, I went to the bank without a mask in order to deposit a check. A bank employee saw me entering the bank and told me that I cannot do business there without a mask. I told him that I have a medical exemption. The employee told me that I need to put on a mask or leave. I kept saying that I have a medical exemption, but the employee told me that it's against the law for me to be at the bank without a mask. He told me that if I won't leave, he will call the police. So I left the bank without being able to deposit my check.

Here's how to file the complaint:

In order to file a complaint, first you need to fill out a questionnaire on the Canadian Human Rights Commission’s website at https://www.chrc-ccdp.gc.ca/eng/make-a-complaint. If you pass the questionnaire, you can fill out and submit the complaint form electronically at

You can also download the form on the Commission’s website at https://www.chrc-ccdp.gc.ca/sites/default/files/2018-complaint-form.pdf, fill it out and file it by mailing it to the Commission.

The Commission’s contact information is:

Canadian Human Rights Commission
344 Slater Street,8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1E1

Toll Free: 1-888-214-1090
TTY: 1-888-643-3304

Here's a sample form for your reference:

Remove Ads
Remove Ads

Help us pay the lawyers!

Help fund our work to ensure people's human rights are respected.


Don't Get Censored

Big Tech is censoring us. Sign up so we can always stay in touch.

Remove Ads