Rebel News is seeking a Litigation Lawyer to join a growing Canadian team.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial work ethic, 5+ years (post-call) of demonstrated litigation experience, and a passion for free expression/press in Canada.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader who can handle complex legal issues.
- Apply sound judgement and adopt a strategic approach to legal advice
- Oversee litigation and emerging claims
- Provide legal advice and strategic counsel within a broad scope of legal areas, including regulatory, administrative, contract, defamation
- Respond quickly to legal crises
- Actively direct legal counsel on a day-to-day basis
- Member in good standing with the law society
- Minimum 5+ years (post-call) of demonstrated litigation experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment
- Preference is given to candidates who can work out of our Toronto office
Compensation commensurate with experience. Full-time staff receive health benefits after passing a three-month probation period.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.