Rebel News is looking for a results-oriented "people person" to maintain and grow relationships with our generous donors to help fund our company.
- Become familiar with Rebel's unique crowdfunding model
- Communicate with donors including on a mass basis, including through email, video, snail mail, telemarking and other special fundraising communications
- Work with Rebel talent and events coordinator to arrange in-person donor events across Canada and elsewhere
- Communicate with select donors on an individual basis by email and phone, and assist Rebel talent to do the same
- Create and distribute development materials like an annual impact report, and other ad hoc reports
- Organize and oversee donor dinners and other VIP events
- Process financial contributions and receipts
- Create and send holiday cards for donors and subscribers
- Perk fulfillment for high value subscribers (known as Producers Club) and larger donors
- Continue donor recognition projects, such as plaques, naming and sponsorship rights
- Meet with and report to executive team after each event or campaign
- Working closely with the events and marketing team to achieve objectives
- Proven ability to successfully develop, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward sponsors and major donors
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly and efficiently
- Experience working in a highly political environment is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal) and a warm, friendly demeanour
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable with database technology and basic math
- Experience with CRMs (Nation Builder), Eventbrite, and social media marketing are assets
- Solid written communication skills and strong proficiency in MS Office and Adobe applications
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
This job can be full-time or can be completed part time by an experienced professional fundraiser.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates can expect salaries to be between $50,000 and $80,000 annually, with bonuses for reaching fundraising goals. Full time staff receive health benefits after passing a three month probation period.
About Rebel News
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story, and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going. That's what makes us unique. Our primary revenue stream is small voluntary donations from supporters. The Director of Development would be responsible for thanking and growing Rebel News patrons.
We are seeking an employee to help organize and facilitate fundraising initiatives. The Director of Development would be responsible for planning smaller development meetings for supporters throughout the country. Similarly, the position would require donor management including the creation of a donor brochure, facilitating direct mail donation campaigns, and occasional telephone campaigns.
The job would largely be focussed on growing donors and donations to Rebel News, but secondary objectives will be to grow Rebel News' SVOD subscriber base, advertisers, and Rebel News Store consumers.
The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of Canadian and American politics, media, and the conservative worldview.