We are seeking an enthusiastic team member who is familiar with the legal world to join Rebel News on a full-time, short-term contract to assist with our "fight the fines" project.
The candidate will work as a member of a vibrant team, with a focus on providing accurate, timely and quality administrative, para-professional and technical support and assistance to Rebel News, its staff, campaigns, and cooperating lawyers and legal professionals.
The ideal candidate has a strong command of the English language, is an excellent speller, and is comfortable communicating with third parties on behalf of Rebel News. The job will require working out of the Rebel News head office in Toronto.
- File/case management
- Summarizing legal documents
- Communicating with lawyers and clients
- Updating project management system
- Reporting to CEO, reporters, and legal team with daily updates
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a legal setting
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to work efficiently
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
Full-time (short-term contract)
Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Rebel News
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.