Northwest Territories Complaint

Remove Ads

Here's an example complaint:

I have asthma and use an inhaler, so I can't wear a mask. My doctor wrote a medical exemption note for me. On February 1, 2021, I went shopping to the X Grocery Store without a mask. The store manager saw me and told me that I cannot shop there without a mask. I told him that I have a medical exemption. The manager told me that I need to put on a mask or leave. I kept saying that I have a medical exemption, but the store manager told me that it's against the law for me to be shopping without a mask. He told me that if I won't leave, he will call the police. So I left the store without being able to buy groceries for the week.

Here's how to file the complaint:

In order to file a complaint, you need to contact the Northwest Territories Human Rights Commission. A human rights officer can help you fill out a complaint form.

You can contact the Commission at:

t. 867-669-5575 | tf. 1-888-669-5575 | e. [email protected]

Office: Main Floor, Laing Building 5003-49th Street

Here's a sample form for your reference:

Note: A sample form is not available, because the Commission’s human rights officer will assist you in preparing the complaint.

Remove Ads
Remove Ads

Help us pay the lawyers!

Help fund our work to ensure people's human rights are respected.


Don't Get Censored

Big Tech is censoring us. Sign up so we can always stay in touch.

Remove Ads