Rebel News is seeking an ambassador who will share Rebel News stories and campaigns with like-minded media, NGOs and other influential public figures with the goal of promoting the Rebel News brand, spreading public interest in our channel, inducing others to follow our stories and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a strong network of activists, journalists, politicians and others in Canada, the U.S., U.K., Australia and elsewhere and be eager to promote Rebel News stories every day,
- Reviewing Rebel News videos and news stories
- Strategically promoting those to the appropriate influencer
- Working with other media to include Rebel News content in their stories, with appropriate credit and links; and
- Arranging guest appearances for Rebel talent on other media
- Experience in media relations, networking and coalition-building is a plus.
- Professional communication skills including good spelling.
- An understanding of news media, including deadlines and production
Rebel News is a growing company offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.