Rebel News' summer and year long internships provide participants with a unique ability to develop their skills in producing alternative media, fundraising, writing, and social media marketing. You’ll have a "backstage pass" to see how our video reports are made, and how Rebel News crowdfunds our citizen journalism.
Rebel News interns have gone on to work for politicians and high-ranking businesses across the globe. Some interns have turned their experiences into full-time jobs with Rebel News too.
Interns will also be able to pitch ideas and write scripts for their own videos if they would like to be in front of the camera.
Interns will be expected to work approximately 35 - 40 hours/week. Internship start and end dates are flexible and can accommodate individual school schedules.
Compensation will be provided at a modest rate, and interns are expected to work out of our Toronto head office. Housing is not provided.
*These are examples of potential responsibilities. Each intern’s obligations will be crafted to the applicant’s talents.
- Option to write your own video pitch and scripts.
- Learning to write search engine optimized posts for different social platforms.
- Writing and delivering weekly reports on business development (increased capital, new subscribers, Google analytics, etc.)
- Learning to draft and send direct email through Nation Builder to hundreds of thousands of people throughout the globe.
- Creating and posting daily fun, behind the scenes videos for Instagram and Snapchat stories.
- Posting reports on multiple platforms, including Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Parler, Instagram, Nation Builder
- Learning to create, target, and launch marketing campaigns across social media to boost posts' visibility.
- Posting videos to YouTube.
- Learning to edit videos with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Developing Photoshop abilities.
- Providing studio assistance during recordings of The Ezra Levant Show, and videos from other contributors.
- Helping build and/or design microsites for campaigns.
- Overseeing the consolidation of URL databases.
- Customizing organization solutions for our audience database (such as merging duplicate accounts.)
- Monitoring the user flagged comments section on the website.
- Daily checking for, and fixing, posting errors on mobile and OTT apps.
- Working with our support team to call subscribers who need help navigating our website.
- Packaging and fulfilling subscription perks.
- Aiding in the planning and execution of events. Events may include seminars, conventions, donor appreciation events, book launches, and documentary premieres.
- Calling donors and offering incentives for subscription conversions.
- Overseeing the online store, and coordinating the release of new products.
- Creating and sharing promotion codes to incentivize additional subscribers to Premium Content.
To apply: Please fill out this form, and include the answers to the questions below in the files section.
Applicants must speak English fluently and be legally permitted to work in Canada.
*Each answer should not exceed 500 words
1. Why do you want to work for Rebel News?
2. What is the largest issue facing the average Canadian?
3. Who is your favourite historical figure?
4. How do you get your news?
5. Describe one opinion you have that almost everyone else disagrees with?