This role is perfectly suited for someone with digital experience and a passion for conservative or libertarian politics. Rebel News is very much a start-up business. Unlike the CBC, we don’t get any money from the government or have any major donors funding the majority of our operations. We rely on our audience to help keep us going, so our online presence is important.
The ideal candidate is a digital expert with knowledge and experience on the following platforms:
If you’ve had experience engaging audiences and like to express your creativity, then this is the job for you.
Our social media manager will help to shape Rebel News’ online footprint and work closely with all parts of our company to post relevant content and grow our social media presence.
• Posting every report from Rebel News and optimizing posts across different platforms
• Developing a social media strategy and roadmap to expand Rebel News’ social presence
• Facilitate paid social media campaigns and be responsible for targeting audiences and working with talent to coordinate social media campaigns and optimize postings
• Track and measure post performances and meta data
• Creation of memes and short videos as well as editing the occasional video report
• Writing copy for posts and ensuring that all content is accurate, on-brand editorially, and compelling
• Monitor social media channels daily and engage with followers consistently
• Occasional and minor working on the weekend and evenings
- Minimum of one year professionally managing social media platforms
- Experience copywriting
- Familiarity with (conservative and populist) politics in Canada, America, and the United Kingdom
- Experience developing targeted and paid social media campaigns
- A working knowledge of most of the platforms listed above
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Willing to work out of our Toronto (North York) office