Rebel News is seeking a candidate who is well versed in video production to join our growing team as our Technical Director.
The Technical Director would be the most senior technical member on our team. A successful candidate will be familiar with Tricaster operations, Adobe Creative Suite, and have a desire to grow in our company and industry. An ideal candidate will have a familiarity with Rebel News and/or a strong grasp of Canadian and conservative politics and affairs.
This position will work out of our head office in Toronto.
- Ability to wire studio and Tricaster
- Switchboard operation for live and recorded shows
- Livestream to different platforms using Tricaster
- Use Tricaster to make Zoom and Skype calls
- Video editing
- Ability to pull videos and articles from across the internet
- Book guests for various Rebel News shows, including daily Ezra Levant Show
- Run teleprompter
- Monitor viewers chats and "tips" and send to talent to read on air
- Direct live and pre-recorded production.
- Coordinate daily livestreams.
- Maintain studio equipment.
- Work with the Head of Production to implement new in-house studio setups for content creation.
- Ordering equipment as required.
- Lighting the studio.
- Periodic production assistance (camera).
- Checking that shows are posted properly and alerting relevant staff if there are problems.
- Operating occasional special weekend and evening livestreams.
- Expert proficiency in AV equipment/systems
- Comprehensive understanding of sound and lighting, and the operation of production equipment.
- Understanding of multiple types of equipment and knowledge of how they all fit together.
- Editing skills with a demonstrable portfolio of video work.
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening
- Familiarity with YouTube is an asset.
- Graphic design and 3d animation skills are an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Occasional evening work required (election specials or urgent breaking news.)
- Effectively able to work with a remote team.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Full time staff receive health benefits after passing a three month probation period.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.