Rebel News is seeking a candidate with a knack for storytelling to join our growing team as a video editor.
A successful candidate will be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and have a desire to grow in our company and industry. An ideal candidate will have a familiarity with Rebel News and/or a strong grasp of Canadian and conservative politics and affairs.
This position could be fulfilled by someone who works remotely.
- Video editing.
- Production assistance (camera).
- Graphic design and 3d animation skills are an asset.
- Editing skills with a demonstrable portfolio of video work.
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with YouTube is an asset.
- French language proficiency is an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Effectively able to work with a remote team.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Full time staff receive health benefits after passing a three month probation period.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.