Rebel News is seeking a punctilious grammarian and spelling aficionado to join our growing team at Rebel News as one of our content writers and editors.
Ideal candidates should have experience with writing and research, an eye for detail, and a strong grasp of Canadian and conservative politics and affairs. Ideal candidates will be available to work a 12 p.m. ET - 8 p.m. ET shift.
- Posting news articles to our website and other Rebel News web assets.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and syntax of page copy.
- Write page copy when none is provided for videos.
- Writing and posting of written articles after they have been requested or approved.
- Ensure that all posts on the website are correctly displayed.
- Using appropriate tags and SEO functionality on posts.
- Check content for accuracy.
- Excellent English language writing skills.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Editing skills with a demonstrable portfolio of written work.
- High knowledge of Canadian political issues and political players.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Effectively able to work with a remote team.
Full-time or part-time (part-time work on evenings and weekends available too. Evenings are considered in Toronto ET.)
Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.