Yukon Complaint

Remove Ads

Here's an example complaint:

I have asthma and use an inhaler, so I can't wear a mask. My doctor wrote a medical exemption note for me. On February 1, 2021, I went shopping to the X Grocery Store without a mask. The store manager saw me and told me that I cannot shop there without a mask. I told him that I have a medical exemption. The manager told me that I need to put on a mask or leave. I kept saying that I have a medical exemption, but the store manager told me that it's against the law for me to be shopping without a mask. He told me that if I won't leave, he will call the police. So I left the store without being able to buy groceries for the week.

Here's how to file the complaint:

In order to file a human rights complaint, you need to fill out a complaint form. The form can be accessed:

a) on the Yukon Human Rights Commission’s website at https://yukonhumanrights.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/YHRC-2020-Complaint-Form-EN.pdf

b) by asking the Commission to mail you a copy of the form; or

c) by visiting the Commission in person to get a copy.

After filling out the complaint form, you can file it with the Commission by mail or in person.

The Commission’s contact information is:

In person at:
215-305 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon
[Accessible entrance on 3rd Avenue]

By mail at:
215-305 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B4

Fax at: 1-867-667-2662
Website: yukonhumanrights.ca
Phone: 867-667-6226 or
Toll Free: 1-800-661-0535

Here's a sample form for your reference:

Remove Ads
Remove Ads

Help us pay the lawyers!

Help fund our work to ensure people's human rights are respected.


Don't Get Censored

Big Tech is censoring us. Sign up so we can always stay in touch.

Remove Ads