Must wear face covering on public transit, public vehicles for hire (e.g. taxis), all indoor public spaces (e.g. malls, grocery stores, retail businesses, churches, etc.), all City of Calgary facilities.
Operator/proprietor of such places must prominently display clearly visible sign at entrance
- Children under 2 years of age
- People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering
- People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- People who are eating or drinking at a public premises that offers food or beverage services
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability
- People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service
- Proof of exemption is not required
Begins August 1
Please note: To purchase additional cards please place a separate order for each additional card that you would like to order.
Not including Toronto, all other cities feature a generic exemption card which references MaskExemption.ca for full details as the laws are changing and the website will be updated to reflect those changes.
Updated as of August 5, 2020