Must wear mask in enclosed public places (e.g. retail businesses, restaurants, churches, hotel common areas, gyms), and public transit vehicles.
- Children under age 5
- Persons unable to wear mask due to medical condition or disability under Ontario Human Rights Code
- Person unable to put on or remove mask without assistance, or for whom mask would inhibit ability to breathe
- While eating or drinking food provided by a business that is operating properly under provincial Emergency Orders
- While engaged in sport or strenuous physical activity
- While assisting or accommodating a person with a hearing disability
- Employees in a non-public area, or within or behind a physical barrier
- Day cares
- Educational facilities
- Hospitals and doctor’s offices
- Children’s day camps
- No requirement to provide proof of medical condition or disability
Please note: To purchase additional cards please place a separate order for each additional card that you would like to order.
Not including Toronto, all other cities feature a generic exemption card which references MaskExemption.ca for full details as the laws are changing and the website will be updated to reflect those changes.
Updated as of August 5, 2020