We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to write and send all Rebel News email campaigns. This includes daily emails to subscribers, a weekly summary of our top stories, and between three and five other emails each day promoting Rebel News videos and articles.
Rebel News is primarily subscription and donation-based and uses email marketing to increase revenue. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for promoting Rebel's work and encouraging sales and donations through email.
The ideal candidate has a strong command of the English language, is an excellent speller, and possesses a strong knowledge of Canadian and American politics, media, and the conservative worldview. The job can be done remotely but may require training in the Rebel News head office in Toronto. The job can be full or part-time.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with CRMs and email clients like Mail Chimp or Nation Builder.
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency in English language spelling
- Demonstratable understanding of analytics is an asset
- Highly organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Write and send three to five daily mass emails promoting Rebel News content
- Write and send daily and weekly newsletters
- Understand and manage Rebel News' CRM software to send content to appropriate recipients
- Encourage sales and donations through direct mail campaigns
- Occasionally work with advertisers to revise and send sponsored email blast
- Monitor and improve email results based on A/B testing, open and click-through rates, and unsubscribe data
- Work with web editors and journalists to help write effective direct mail letters
- Personal or professional experience in politics, writing or marketing
- Experience with CRMs like Nation Builder or Mail Chimp are assets
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly and efficiently
Full-time or part-time options available.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates can expect salaries to be between $40,000 and $60,000 annually.
About Rebel News
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.