Rebel News is hiring an events coordinator to connect us with our supporters across Canada and around the world.
- Conceive, plan, organize and execute events
- Events include "Rebel News Live" day-long conferences; book launches; seminar cruises; fact-finding trips; fan meet-and-greets; donor appreciation meetings, etc.
- Plan and follow event budgets; ensure legal and contractual compliance; manage speaking talent
- Mobilize local Rebel volunteers to assist as ushers, ticket-takers, etc.
- Work with Rebel web and video teams to promote ticket sales, and day-of videography
- Sales of Rebel News merchandise and memberships
- Sell event ads/sponsorships
- Post-event survey for event attendees
- Negotiate best deals and obtain value for money from events suppliers while maintaining goodwill and cooperation among suppliers and partners
- Plan for security as necessary
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2+ years of event management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with volunteer management is considered a strong asset
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly and efficiently
- Experience working in a political environment is an asset
- Have a valid driver's licence and passport
- Experience with CRMs (Nation Builder), Eventbrite, and social media marketing are assets
- Solid written communication skills and strong proficiency in MS Office and Adobe applications
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanour
- Professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
This job can be full-time or can be completed part time by a highly experienced events contractor.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Candidates can expect salaries to be between $45,000 and $75,000 annually. Full time staff receive health benefits after passing a three month probation period. National and international travel.
About Rebel News
Rebel News Network is the largest independent online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story, and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.
We are seeking an employee to help plan, manage, and facilitate Rebel News fan engagement events. Past events have included cruises, trips to Israel, and day long seminars with interesting speakers. In addition to these responsibilities, the Events Coordinator would be responsible for coordinating smaller development meetings for supporters throughout the country. Events management requires the creation of a pre-event budget, keeping records of all expenses for events, and reporting back on if the events were profitable or not after events have been completed.
The ideal candidate would have a strong knowledge of Canadian and American politics, media, and the conservative worldview. This job will require travel across Canada and occasionally the world, and the ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule allowing for travel.