Must wear mask in any enclosed space in an establishment open to the public (including places of business for the sale of goods and services; places of worship; community centers and indoor recreational facilities; libraries, art galleries, museums, aquariums, zoos and similar facilities; community service agencies; event spaces such as banquet halls and stadiums; premises used as a real estate open house; common areas of hotels and similar facilities; and theatres, casinos and other entertainment facilities).
Must wear mask in common areas of condominium and apartment buildings.
Masks required when travelling on TTC public transit.
- Children under age 2
- Persons with an underlying medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a mask
- Persons unable to place or remove mask without assistance
- Employees in areas designated for them and not for public access, or within or behind a physical barrier
- Persons who are reasonably accommodated by not wearing a mask in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code
- (The policy shall not require employees or members of the public to provide proof of the above exceptions)
- Temporary removal of mask where necessary for the purpose of receiving services, or while engaging in athletic or fitness activity
See 2020 bylaws 541 and 664
Download a Mask Exemption Card for free right here.