Rebel News is seeking an experienced and well organized Executive Assistant to support our CEO. We're looking for someone who is experienced in dealing with VIPs and confidential matters. This role is a support role for someone who is well organized, highly self-motivated, and capable of managing and prioritizing different daily assignments. The role will include similar duties to an office manager in addition to providing executive support.
- Administrative support including filing, organizing offices, scheduling appointments, and travel for staff.
- Make arrangements for beverages, lunches, and office supplies for staff.
- Pick up mail.
- Schedule daily fundraising calls for CEO.
- Help plan daily schedules for the CEO and help keep the CEO on schedule.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with clients.
- Read through high volumes of incoming correspondence and act upon relevant information.
- Provides support for all aspects of board and staff meetings.
- Prepare creative presentations in PowerPoint and other software programs that utilize photos, videos, audio material and other visual assets as necessary for the CEO.
- Book travel logistics for the CEO and other staff.
- Previous experience with executive assisting or office management would be an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly, professional, and can can-do demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Confidentiality- and privacy-oriented.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Rebel News:
Rebel News Network is the largest online news network in Canada. Since its launch in 2015 Rebel News has been dedicated to telling the other side of the story and challenging the narrative of the mainstream media.
Rebel News is different because our supporters participate in shaping everything we do, through a mix of online engagement, commenting, advocacy, and events. We don’t just report the news — we participate in it.
And unlike our competitors in the mainstream media, we don’t take any money from the government. We rely entirely on our audience to help keep us going.